Day 15 – 30 Days of Positive Life-Enhancing Habits Challenge
The habit of learning is just that, a habit. You can become stuck where you are, no matter whether you’re a fast-food worker or a surgeon. Only being willing to keep learning throughout your lifetime can inoculate you from becoming trapped in your current way of thinking. Discover something new you didn’t know about each month and make it a habit to do that. Learning something new as often as possible is usually the advice the biggest thought leaders, gurus, and grandmas tend to pass down to generations after them when asked what changed their life and made their success possible. I have to say I am an avid reader and love to take various classes just to learn!
This advice to keep learning your entire life can be misconstrued as a call for higher education, but in reality, it’s a call to be open-minded enough to always keep learning the new things about the world and yourself and not to close your mind or doors in the process.
Because learning new things keeps you young of mind if not of body, and that’s the best way to arm yourself. Education is required to navigate the world of the future. Because whether you like it or not, the future will come. Keep on learning.
- Improved Self-Confidence – When you keep your mind informed about the world and the new things being discovered depending on your interests, even if you didn’t discover it, your confidence in yourself to understand and know things makes you not only appear self-confident to others but makes you feel confident inside.
- Keep Your Mind Sharp and Your Brain Healthy – Neuroscientists know that when it comes to the brain, it’s a case of losing it if you don’t use it. The more you can use your brain and challenge it to make new synopsis, the healthier your brain will be even if you’re older.
- Learn Useful Life Skills – When you want to know how to do something, it’s easy to learn these days. Whether it’s fixing your own sink or learning coding, you can do it from the comfort of your home using sites like skillshare.com or YouTube.com.
- Boost Your Mental and Emotional Health – When you can do more things for yourself, it feels good, and due to it, you’ll be a lot more emotionally healthy. For example, instead of wringing your hands about something, you can learn all about it and learn how to help.
- Stay Connected to Society – The more you learn about different topics, the more people you will begin to relate to. Being able to relate to more people helps prevent you from feeling isolated and alone. For example, immersing yourself in the Japanese culture will teach you that we’re more alike than we are different.
- Experience a More Successful Career – When you have a basic understanding of how life works, it’s easier to be more successful because you’ll know in advance the basic steps to take to get what you want. For example, if you want to learn more about SMART goal setting, you can devote the time to it, improving everything you do from that day forward due to your superior goal-setting skills.
- Become Happier and More Satisfied with Life – When you have a more open-minded view of the world and a more realistic view of the world, you end up happier and more satisfied because you know the truth that over time the world becomes a better place for everyone – and it doesn’t matter what the sensationalistic media says because you’ve studied the history, know the stats and are focused on truth.
- Have a Longer Life – When you know more about topics you need to know, such as nutrition, money management, and so forth, you’re likely to live a much longer life because you’re more likely to implement it when you know something for sure.
Lifelong learning doesn’t mean you have to go to an accredited university to learn. You can learn in more informal ways and still be considered a lifelong learner. As long as you’re committed to learning something new that you wanted to know or need to know each month of your life, you’re always going to stay aware and current, making you feel more successful and satisfied with your life.
Join the discussion